Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One of the Many Reasons My Blog Is Called What It Is!

I was so happy Christmas night when my wonderful, sexy husband told me, "if you take the tree down while I'm at work tomorrow, then I'll help you make sense of the madness in the house when I get home". First let me explain that Firefighter's work 24hr shifts, so if he goes in at 7a.m. on Monday, he gets off at 7a.m. on Tuesday (fingers crossed). Monday I spent the day taking down Christmas decorations because Mr. Wonderful was going to help me clean up all of the mess from Christmas when he got home this morning. Instead what I woke up to was a text from him saying, "working 24 at #3 Luv U have a good day"...UGH!!!! I really like the overtime pay, but dang it! That means I'm up with the whole big huge mess staring me right in the face and no one to tackle it but me and Eli (and he isn't much help since he's only 1)!!! In my bath robe I stumbled out to put the trash on the curb only to realize that our front porch was piled up with boxes, so after about 5 or 6 trips to the end of the drive I finally had all of the trash out...normally Mr. Wonderful's job!

I guess I could wait until tomorrow,so that he can still help me, but then I start thinking about how unfair that would be since he worked 48hrs straight and I sat here on the computer all day.

I have proclaimed this week as my week to get organized and ready for the New Year. My beautiful daughter's are spending the week with their dad, so they aren't here to dirty up clothes and dishes...should make it a little easier to accomplish, right???? I'm not so sure since Eli follows every step I take and is currently crawling under my feet, pulling on my pajama pants, and trying to pull my cup of coffee off the table. Guess I'm going to get off of here and play with him...I mean get started cleaning. We shall see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment